Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Final Farewell And A New Beginning?

As many of you know, I worked for the same insurance company for 16 years as a claims adjuster. Being at the same company for a long time has many advantages. You know what to do and how to do it. You know most of your coworkers. You know the fastest route to work and how to detour if there is a problem on the freeway. It's comfortable.

In February of this year, we were told that our office would be closing. Most of us had the opportunity to relocate to other offices, but all of the offices were in other states. Relocating was not an option for me. Yesterday was my "official" last day. It was strange and sad to say goodbye to my friends and coworkers; to know it was the last time I would drive that route. There were some tears. But I am looking at it as a turning point in my life. Not a bump in the road but the opportunity to change the road, build a new road, maybe change the map altogether! I don't know where it will take me but half of the challenge is getting there anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment